Title: ROS as a backbone for research activities
Looking back at our research activities over the last decade at MASCOR institute, it turns out that most of the research activities were supported by the Robot Operating System (ROS). Whether we supported mining activities by robotics, built new robots for agricultural purposes, generated complex behaviors for UAVs or enhanced the inspection of wind turbine blades and towers with robotics, each of these applications used the ROS framework in different ways. The pure research wasn’t of course replaced by ROS, but the framework helped a lot in implementing different research approaches and ideas in a convenient way or use already implemented, state-of-the-art algorithms. Thanks to ROS-industrial, even the use of industrial robots in the research context was simplified and helped supporting different research projects.
- Date: 09/02/2023, 14h
- Lieu: IBISC, site Pelvoux, Amphithéâtre Bx30, ou accès via ce lien en distanciel : https://eu.bbcollab.com/guest/5235b9ffa7d44667875d997301ff802b
- Invitant: Samer ALFAYAD (PR IUT d’Évry, IBISC équipe IRA2)
- Organisatrice: Naïma AITOUFROUKH-MAMMAR (MCF Univ. Évry, IBISC équipe SIAM)
- Biographie de Stephan KALLWEIT (format PDF)
- Liste des publication de Stephan KALLWEIT(format PDF)