Title: Mechatronics update and control architecture of a mobile base using ROS
The mobile base platform is a wheeled robot developed for the MBZIRC challenge (2017-UAE). The omnidirectional wheel and the innovative integration were patented [WO2018158445-PCT/EP2018/055214]. The mobile base integrates three omni wheels with BLDC motors which should be operated by ROS2.
Objectives of the internship:
- Understand the mobile base functioning mechanism, mechatronically update it and operate it on ROS2.
- Perform an update on the hardware components
- Build the control architecture of the mobile base, based on the EtherCAT as a communication protocol, for the connection between the microcontroller (slaves) and the PC (master) with the aim of controlling it by ROS (Robot Operating System).
- Control each of these motors using ROS2 and create a ROS2 package for the mobile base.
During the project, the candidate will explore different solutions and present a research proposal within two weeks, including a vision of the solution he intends to implement throughout the project cycle. Milestones will then be set to deliver parts of the project.
- Mechanical or electrical engineering background.
- Knowledge of C++ language or Python
- Understanding the principles of the ROS2.
- Microsoft Office suite (Word/Excel/Power point).
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team.
- English (Spoken and written).
- Eng. GHANDOUR Maysoon:
- Dr. SLEIMAN Maya:
- Prof. ALFAYAD Samer:
Alfayad, S.; Kardofaki, M.; Fouda, K. Omnidirectional Wheel and Vehicle Implementing Said Wheel, Patent WO2018158445-PCT/EP2018/055214, 2018
- Date de l’appel : 09/02/2023
- Statut de l’appel : Non pourvu
- Contacts cotés IBISC: Samer ALFAYAD (PR IUT Évry, IBISC équipe IRA2) email@example.com, Maysoon GHANDOUR (doctorante IBISC, équipe IRA2),
, Maya SLEIMAN (postdoc IBISC équipe IRA2), firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sujet de stage niveau Master 2 (format PDF)
- Web équipe IRA2